- Go into "All Games" in your Steam library, by clicking the text next to the search box in the top left
- Right-click on the Counter-Strike entry and go into Properties
- In the Betas tab, opt in to the SteamPipe beta
- Install the game
- Open a terminal, and from ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike/ execute "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./hl_linux -game cstrike"
"You can't "just" click the Play button in Steam, as right now the game doesn't have a launch config defined for non-Windows."Source
Day of Defeat natively on Linux
- Install the game you want running natively on Linux on a Windows machine or using WINE.
- After installation a GCF file will appear under SteamApps folder (on Windows)
- Extract the GCF file using this tool. Again, using WINE or Windows
- Copy the files from the extracted GCF file over to <steam>/SteamApps/common/Half-Life (On Linux)
- CD to the Half-Life folder then run this command
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.steam/bin:. LD_PRELOAD=gameoverlayrenderer.so ./hl_linux -game <gamename>Source